Another huge production of beauty, talent, and glamour will rule the night as Lyceum of the Philippines University – Batangas presents Mr. and Miss Lyceum 2010 The Pageant. This pageant is part of the celebration of LPU Batangas’ 44th foundation anniversary.
Who among the 12 dashing gentlemen will be Mr. Lyceum 2010? And who among the 13 dazzling ladies will be crowned Miss Lyceum 2010? See our round of updates as we unveil the winners of this year’s Mr. and Miss Lyceum.
At exactly eight o’clock, the presentation of the candidates started with groundbreaking performances from LPU homegrown talents, Lahing Batangan Dance Troupe and Lyceum Dance Machine.
Here are the 26 official candidates for Mr. and Miss Lyceum 2010 according to their pageant number:
(1) Airon Escalera – Customs Administration
(2) Kim Silva – Marine Engineering
(3) Michal Bagui – Business and Computer Management
(4) Paul Edward Macomb – Accountancy
(5) Vincent Buensalida – Computer Science
(6) Jowell Christian de los Reyes – Nursing
(7) Michael Gerard Castillo – International Travel and Tourism Management
(8) Jayson Tiu – Criminology
(9) Jonathan Aguado – Marine Transportation
(10) Bryan Miguel Lescano – Engineering
(11) Jose Reden Culla – Information Technology
(12) Juanito Belaños – International Hospitality Management
(1) Kristine Robelle Medrano – Information Technology
(2) Maria Cristina Daluz – Business Administration
(3) Rubie Ann Espina – Computer Science
(4) Mary Ruth Reyes – Customs Administration
(5) GE Lopez – Criminology
(6) Jan Alison de Jesus – International Hospitality Management
(7) Darlene May Reyes – Associate in International Travel and Tourism Management
(8) Marinel Andal – BS International Travel and Tourism Management
(9) Mona Hammad – Liberal Arts
(10) Jennifer Peradilla – Medical Technology
(11) Lady Joy Rubie Sangalang – Psychology
(12) Julie Ann Karla Dimaano – Accountancy
(13) Mary Jewel Punzalan – Nursing
You can check the profile photos of these 25 candidates on our Facebook page by clicking here.
At 8:40pm, the Formal Wear Competition for Mr. Lyceum 2010 candidates started. And the crowd went really wild. 🙂
At 8:52, the candidates for Miss Lyceum 2010 went on stage for the Evening Gown Competition.
First Set of Special Awards:
Mr. Congeniality – #8 Jayson Tiu
Miss Congeniality – #5 Ge Lopez
Mr. WOWBatangas – #3 Michal Bagui
Ms. WOWBatangas – #13 Mary Jewel Punzalan
Mr. Yaresh Photography – #3 Michal Bagui
Ms. Yaresh Photography – #7 Darlene May Reyes
Best in Formal Attire – #6 Jowell Christian de los Reyes
Best in Evening Gown – #5 Ge Lopez
Board of Judges:
Cong. Irwin C. Cheng (Buhay Party List); Teen Queen of Asia and Oceania, Marielle Castillo; recording artist, Josh Santana; Miss Earth 2008, Carla Paula Henry, Backroom Talent Management Marketing Manager, Leo Rey Tenorio Puri.
At 9:49, the swimwear competition began. As expected, this is probably the most anticipated and most cheered portion of the pageant.
Second Set of Special Awards
Mr. Photogenic – #6 Jowell Christian de los Reyes
Miss Photogenic – #8 Marinel Andal
Mr. Dermaline – #1 Airon Escalera
Miss Dermaline – #11 Lady Joy Rubie Sangalang
Best in Swimwear – #4 Paul Edward Macomb
Best in Swimsuit – #13 May Jewel Punzalan
Miss Earth 2008, Karla Paula Henry was called up on stage for her advocacy speech. Being a former Showtime hurado, Karla was asked by the roaring crowd of a “sample”. She chose to do a catwalk and left the singing to Josh Santana.
Before the announcement of the Top 5 finalists for Mr. and Miss Lyceum 2010 candidates, the cultural ambassadors of LPU, Lahing Batangan Dance Troupe, provided another extravagant performance.
And then they were five (no, 10)…
Top 5 male candidates were: Jowell Christian de los Reyes (#6); Paul Edward Macomb (#4); Michael Gerard Castillo (#7); Michal Bagui (#3); Jonathan Aguado (#9).
Top 5 female candidates were: Mary Jewel Punzalan (#13); Ge Lopez (#5); Mary Ruth Reyes (#4); Mona Hammad (#9); Marinel Andal (#8).
The final question that rocked the nerves of the guys: What can you suggest to strengthen LPU’s goal for internationalization?
The final question for the girls which reminded us quite a bit of the infamous ‘major, major’ scenario: If you would sum up the core values of the LPU, what would that single core value be? Explain.
Farewell message from last year’s winners…
Mr. Lyceum 2010 Jonathan Aguado
1st Runner-Up Jowell Christian de los Reyes
2nd Runner-Up Michael Gerard Castillo
3rd Runner-Up Paul Edward Macomb
4th Runner-Up Michal Bagui
Miss Lyceum 2010 Mona Hammad
1st Runner-Up Marinel Andal
2nd Runner-Up Mary Jewel Punzalan
3rd Runner-Up Mary Ruth Reyes
4th Runner-Up Ge Lopez
Kudos to all the winners, to the rest of the candidates for an exciting competition, and to the pageant organizers for such a grand production. This has been Mr. and Miss Lyceum 2010.
*See more photos on our Facebook page by clicking here.