DE LA SALLE LIPA is a non-stock, non-profit corporation. A Catholic multi-level institution founded by the Brothers of the Christian Schools (Fratres Scholarum Christianarum), it is committed to educate and form qualified students regardless of religion, culture and socio-economic status.
Led by a community of educators interacting with other members of the Lasallian family, it provides an excellent education under the inspiration of its founder, St. John Baptist de la Salle, and the values found in the Gospel, Catholic teaching and tradition.
DLSL belongs to the third generation of schools founded by the De La Salle Brothers in the Philippines. The mother school, De La Salle University, Manila, was opened in 1911. The second foundation did not come into being until 1952 when La Salle College was established in Bacolod City, Negros Occidental. The third group of foundations is composed of La Salle Academy (Iligan City, Lanao del Norte) in 1958, La Salle Greenhills (Mandaluyong) in 1959, St. Joseph’s High School (Villamonte, Bacolod City) in 1960 and lastly, De La Salle Lipa in 1962.
The school was built on a 5.9 hectare lot along the National Highway. Construction of three one-storey wings of classrooms, a gymnasium-auditorium and the Brothers’ House began on 29 January 1962.
During its first year, DLSL had to operate as the Boys’ Department of the Maryknoll Sisters’ Our Lady of the Rosary Academy (OLRA). As the Maryknoll Sisters were phasing out OLRA’s Boy’s Department, 221 students were admitted from first to fourth year.
On its second year of operations, the school obtained a temporary permit to operate as La Salle High School.
After one year and seven months of guiding the fledgling institution, Br. Virgil died of a heart attack on 22 September 1963. Br. Hugh Damian took his place and held the helm for the next two years. The school population more than doubled during its fourth year of operations. This necessitated the construction of the two-storey St. Joseph’s Hall during the administration of Br. Frederick Martin (later known as Br. Raymond Bronowicz) in 1967.
While OLRA continued to send its boys into La Salle, a large percentage of students towards the end of the decade began to come from the various public elementary schools around the city. Thus, to better prepare students for the high school, the elementary grades were opened in 1967, with Br. Vernon Mabile as Principal.
Girls were first accepted in schoolyear 1974-75, when Br. Emiliano Hudtohan was Principal. The girls, however, were limited to the first and second year levels.
To be a sign of faith as an excellent educational institution,
sharing in the Lasallian mission
of teaching minds, touching hearts
and transforming lives
Master in Management Technology
Short Intensive Management Seminars
Certificate in Entrepreneurship
Certificate in HRM
Certificate in Information Technology
Certificate in Medical Transcription
AB in Communication
BS in Accountancy
BS in Biology
BS in Commerce
BS in Computer Engineering
BS in Computer Science
BS in Economics
BS in ECE
BS in Electrical Engineering
BS in Elementary Education
BS in Entrepreneurship
BS in Financial Management
BS in Hotel and Restaurant Management
BS in Industrial Engineering
BS in Legal Management
BS in Marketing Management
BS in Management Technology
BS in Mathematics
BS in Nursing
BS in Psychology
BS in Secondary Education
BS in Tourism
Fax Number (43) 756-3117
College Registrar (43) 981 1781
Integrated School Registrar Telefax: