- Open to all Filipinos 13 years old and above.
- This contest is organized by the Batangas Provincial Government and WOWBatangas.com in cooperation with the Municipality of Taal.
- The theme of the contest is āTagong-Yaman ng Batangasā. The subject of the photo must be a place (natural or man-made), scenery or attraction within Batangas Province.There are a lot of spots in the province that are waiting to be discovered and rediscovered, and it is part of your commitment to this contest to research and ask the locals about such locations.
- Photo must be taken with a digital camera or DSLR from within Batangas Province. (example : Pictures of Taal Volcano taken from Tagaytay City are disqualified).
- Photo must be taken during the competition period from January 1, 2014 up to the present. (Remember to set your cameraās date properly for proof of date on your digital file meta tags. Refrain from putting the date overlay on your photo.)
- A photographer may submit up to three (3) entries, provided each photograph has a different subject and/or location.
- Minor digital editing is acceptable. The only allowable global minor edits are burning, dodging, color correction, levels (brightness and contrast), black and white, and cropping. Oversaturated images and images which used third-party filters are disqualified.
- Entry or entries must be printed on 8Ć12ā glossy photo paper without borders.
- Print and accomplish the Entry Form (available at the Provincial Tourism Office or can be Downloaded Here) for every entry submitted. The entry no, photographerās name, title of the entry, date shot, and location must be written at the back of the photo (you may use the Photo Form and paste it to the back of your picture). There is no entry fee.
- Provide a soft-copy of your entry and the RAW image (or unedited JPG) in a DVD. Use the following convention for naming your files.Last_Name,First_Name-Entry1.jpg and Last_Name,First_Name-Entry1-unedited.jpg
Last_Name,First_Name-Entry2.jpg and Last_Name,First_Name-Entry2-unedited.jpg
Last_Name,First_Name-Entry3.jpg and Last_Name,First_Name-Entry3-unedited.jpg
- Place your printed entry or entries, Entry Form(s), and DVD in a long brown envelope. 1 Photographer = 1 Envelope.
- Ship or hand-deliver it to:
Ala Eh! Festival 2014 Photo Contest c/o JR Cantos
Provincial Tourism and Cultural Affairs Office
Batangas Provincial Capitol, Batangas City, Philippines 4200
- Start of Submission is on October 1, 2014. Deadline of Submission is November 14, 2014.
- The photos will be judged on the week starting November 17. Top 50 Finalists will be announced thereafter, and will be the Main Gallery photos of the Ala Eh! Festival 2014 Photo Exhibit in Taal, Batangas from December 1-8, 2014.
- If a photographer has 2 or more entries in the Top 3, only the higher ranking entry will be acknowledged as a winner and the other entry(ies) will be delegated as a finalist.
The decision of the board of judges is final and binding.
- Winners and Finalists are encouraged to claim their prizes and certificate/trophy on December 8, 2014, the final day of the Ala Eh! Festival 2014 celebration at Taal, Batangas (where more prizes for an on-site photo contest will be up for grabs). The Top 3 Winners, Governorās Choice Award, and Viewerās Choice Award will be announced during the program and awarded by Batangas Governor Vilma Santos-Recto on the same day.
- Winners may also claim their prizes on December 12, 2014 at the Provincial Tourism Office in Batangas City.
- All rights to the Top 3 Photos are automatically owned by the Organizers.
- Top 47 Finalists shall grant non-exclusive rights to the photos to the Organizers of this contest (with proper crediting).
- After the contest proper, the Organizers may only use the non-winning entries (with proper crediting) for the promotion of Batangas with permission and confirmation from participating photographers via text or email.
1st Prize ā P25,000 and Trophy
2nd Prize ā P10,000 and Trophy
3rd Prize ā P5,000 and Trophy
47 Other Finalists ā P1,000 and Certificate
Governor’s Choice Award – P5,000
Viewerās Choice Award ā P5,000
Criteria for Judging
Photographic/Technical Quality ā 40%
Creativity ā 30%
Relevance to the Theme ā 30%
Remarkable Locations and Tourism Officers Directory